WHO KNEW what a stir my blogging would create? My inbox has been inundated with hundreds (ok...two maybe?) of emails asking for my next blogging entry! ;-)
Unfortunately it has been really hot up here the past few days and we all know how well I DON'T DO in the heat---I am afraid my humor is at a minimum these days. I can tell you about last weekend~
Shawn was SUPER DAD on Saturday. He woke up when Cam did, dressed him, fed him and took him out to the duck pond and the park for a few hours. I slept in later then I have in almost 2 years (and felt totally groggy and sick because of it!--I can't win) He then helped around the house for the rest of the day, doing yard work etc. Around 4pm, I asked him, "hey, what time is your baseball game tomorrow? 10am, or 1pm?"...He kind of bent his head down and says (under his breath) "It's at 10am AND 1pm". SUPER!!!! I LOVVVVEEE double header days!!!! Now, for those of you that think I am just bitching (well, I probably am just bitching, but this is MY blog!) you have no idea how exhausting double header days are!! I really depend on Shawn alot on the weekends to give me a break (or at least be another sane adult to have conversations with) and give me a little down time, or I can't function the rest of the week. Sooo, having him gone from 8:30am to 5pm on Sundays is VERY hard. Anyways, the boy and I ended up going down (to freaking South San Jose I might add-there goes a 1/4 tank of gas!) to watch his first game. Cam loves watching Dada play ball, and I got some pretty cute pics of Cameron and his bat watching Shawn at the plate. On the way home I had to do the 'freeway air in the face' trick in order to keep him awake. Poor kid. We laid down on the couch together (NOT a small feat I might add!) and he was all pretzeled up sound asleep, and I had about 3 inches of space...One arm was around him, the other was totally under me. After about 4 minutes I realized that my arm was sound asleep too!...For those of you that don't have kids, and have never been DESPERATE for a break and/or a nap, you'll never totally understand what you'll do to keep a toddler from waking. I laid like that for two hours! I drifted in and out of conscientious, so at least I got some sleep---although, I was pretty certain it would be at the cost of losing some function in my left arm. :-)
We woke up Monday morning to the wonderful sound of QUACKING!!!!!!!!! There is a mommy and daddy duck who have taken up residence in our pool...Usually daddy just comes by himself (and I can see why!) he is probably trying to get away from his wife!!!! Talk about bitching!!! He says nothing, and (I am not being dramatic here folks) she FOLLOWS HIM AROUND IN THE POOL, QUACKING at him!!!! He tries to swim away, but she is pretty good at cornering him and making him hear her out! I'd feel sorry for him, but I'm sure whatever he did, he deserved it! ;-)
Lately in the evening once it cools down I have been giving Cam a bucket of water (no expense spared here!) and sticking him in his dirt pile, to let him have some fun. Last night was a riot--he was 'washing' rocks in muddy water and having a fit because they weren't getting clean enough---Like mother like son!
Alas, my creative juices have all been drained. (This writing stuff is EXHAUSTING!--especially with an almost 2 year old trying to drive his truck right in the middle of the key board as you type! I must go retire to the couch now for a foot massage and bon-bons....(Was that out loud?) I mean, I must get up and go enrich my son's life....The french tutor will be here soon, and after that we are off to piano and karate lessons!!! (YES, I'm kidding!!!)--We'll be lucky if I can muster the energy to go to Walmart today!----TALK about a place for life lessons! But I digress....
Thanks for reading!
~Princess Bitchalot
2 comments:
Jannie! That was hilarious! Thanks for keeping me entertained! I will be looking forward to your next one for sure. Good luck with all the insanity!
Im thinking you should take all these blog posting and put them in a book! i know i would buy it! =)
Post a Comment